Vehicle Specific Wiring
Why use Vehicle Specific Wiring rather than Universal?
Vehicle specific wiring kits are perfectly aligned to specific vehicle models. The advantages can be summarised as follows:
- They have exact cable lengths. This optimises the wiring for the fitter in terms of routing and layout.
- The connection plugs in the kits are specific to the model of vehicle. This increases speed for wiring fitments, as well as providing more robust and durable connections.
- Each component and it’s functions are optimally matched to the vehicle. The kits contain specific grommets, electronics and connectors. This means the kits fits perfectly every time.
- Every component required for a robust and efficient installation is provided.
- Detailed fitting instructions are provided. Any unique features are explained in detail. Reference is also made to specific manufacturer’s requirements i.e. specific vehicle coding requirements.
- The kits are designed to automatically switch model specific safety features e.g. Trailer Sway Control Programs and Lane Change Assist.
- The trailer CAN-bus towing module is programmed to communicate with the specific vehicle make and model.